Metronidazole is a medication that is designed to get rid of a bacterial infection in the body. The infection could be stomach, skin related, or vaginal related. This type of medication will only work for a bacterial infection and will not be useful for an infection that is caused by a virus in the body.
This medication is usually prescribed to be taken orally as a pill, but can also come in the form of a cream if it is to be used vaginally. The usual length of the treatment is a few days, but can be as long as a week or so. You need to make sure that you read and pay attention to what the dosage on the label says on how much and how often you are supposed to be taking the medicine. Do not take this medicine if it is not prescribed to you or share it with someone that it’s not prescribed to.
Buy Flagyl online in Australia
- You should take care in taking this medicine if you take any blood thinner medications.
- You should also avoid taking this medicine if you have certain diseases, like liver disease or a blood disease.
- This medicine should be taken under a doctor’s care if you are pregnant.
- You shouldn’t have alcoholic beverages when you are on this medicine because it can upset your stomach.
- If you forget to take a dose of the medicine, just take it the next time that you think of it.
- If you are close to the next time you would be taking the medicine, you should not take twice the dose to try to make up for missing one.
Metronidazole side effects
There are potential side effects with this drug, as with any drug. You could have stomach problems or not feel hungry. You could also experience dryness of the mouth and discolored urine. Vomiting and diarrhea can also happen, but are not very common. If you have a rash or any kind of itching, this could be an allergic reaction and you should talk to your doctor about this.
This medication has been known to provide relief to people with bacterial infections quickly. While you should finish out the medicine that your doctor prescribed you, you should begin to feel some relief from the bacterial infection fairly quickly. For many people, relief can come to them in as little as a few days. However, this is not always the case and you may take a little bit longer than that before you start to feel some relief from your symptoms.